GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT MALDIVES
- Climate of the Maldives is sunny, warm and humid throughout the year with occasional showers of tropical rain.
- Average temperature is between 29 – 32 degrees Celcius.
- Southwest monsoon: Rainy and Windy , usually from May to September.
- Northeast monsoon: Warm and dry , from November to April.
- For more information: www.meteorology.gov.mv
What to Wear:
- Due to the warm climate in the Maldives it is ideal to wear cotton clothing.
- Government regulations do not allow public nudity.
- When visiting inhabited islands and the capital city it is recommended to wear modest clothing, especially women.
- Dhivehi is the spoken language but English is widely spoken by Maldivians.
- Staff in the resorts speaks variety of languages including English, French, Italian, German, Japanese etc.
- By law, it is prohibited to import firearms, drugs, alcoholic beverages, pornographic materials and idols of worship.
- To import alcohol, an official license is required.
- Alcoholic beverages are available on resorts.
- No alcoholic beverages are sold in Malé and inhabited islands.
For more information, please click here.