Applying for a Temporary Travel Documents
Maldivian citizens who have a child while residing in the United Kingdom can apply for their children to be issued a temporary travel document in order to travel or return to Maldives.
Please note that these instructions apply to Maldivians wishing to obtain temporary travel documents for new born children only. For information on the renewal of an expired passport click here, for the issuance of a passport in the event that a passport has been lost, stolen or damaged click here, and for the issuance of a passport for the first time click here.
To apply for a temporary travel document for a new born, please prepare the following documents for submission to the Embassy:
- A covering letter requesting a temporary travel document, including details of the intended date of travel, contact details (phone number and postal address), and details of all enclosed documents
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- One passport-sized photograph of the child that complies with the requirements set out by Maldives Immigration. Details of these requirements can be found here
- Copies of both parents’ passports
- Passport fees (see below)
Please ensure that all necessary documents are submitted when making your application
Following receipt of application, passport renewal will take approximately 7 days.
Renewal will take longer if the necessary documents are missing, incomplete or not in accordance with requirements, and/or payment is incorrect.
Travel Document Fees
The following fee applies to all applications for temporary travel documents:
|Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day by 1pm)||
Form of Payment: The Embassy accepts bank transfers to the Embassy Account and cash.